I was going to wait til my confirmation appointment on Monday, but I just took another digital - BFP again! I think it's safe to post now!
1. My age: 27, DH is 30.
2. # TTC Cycles: 15 long, hard months!
3. # DPO for BFP: I think it was around 13dpo. I'm not quite sure. At some point I got opk dyslexia, and I was reading them wrong. Luckily DH was reading them correctly! I took the test 1-2 days before AF was due. We were going on mini-vacation, and I needed to know whether to pack tampons! I was absolutely not expecting anything, it was a total surprise. I was feeling crampy, and thought for sure it was AF!
4. Anything different?: Hmm. Not sure what really did it for us. In the past we had tried Softcups, Pre-Seed, BITA, etc. This time, we did Pre-Conceive Plus (sperm-friendly lube from Rite Aid - just faster than ordering online), I was taking B6 to try to lengthen my LP (It was around 10-11days), I kinda took Evening Primrose Oil (not the full dosage)- I'm pretty dry, and the 2nd cycle I took this, I got ewcm, for the 1st time ever! So, I kept with that. I had gone to a fertility specialist, and I checked out fine. They wanted to start me on Clomid, to see if it works. I didn't like the idea of taking medicine for no real reason. I don't even like taking Tylenol! I wound up o'ing early in March...but I wound up getting AF early! The morning of our Southwest vacation. We were soo discouraged. I was desperate, so I decided to try the Clomid. I took it cd3-7. I was supposed to go for an u/s on cd13, 14, or 15. And the dr would tell us when to BD. I was too busy to schedule that appt. But, I wound up getting a +opk around cd12! If I had waited, I think I would have missed the egg! As it turns out, we BD'd Sat, Mon, Wed, and Fri. I got the +opk on Tuesday or Wed.
It could have also been the fact that we went on vacation. We didn't conceive on vacation, but maybe it relaxed us enough. (Well, the Vegas Strip was pretty crazy and overwhelming, but all the naturey stuff was relaxing!!) Another crazy theory: I got a magical card from Jennifer Cotton. I got it while I had AF, but the next cycle, BFP! I know we've joked, but maybe there's something there! lol!
5. No BBT charting for me. I wake up at different times, I toss and turn, and my temp varies too much during the night!
6. TTC tidbits and advice: I honestly wasn't expecting it this time. I had kinda given up, thinking this wouldn't happen for me. As you can see, I did a bunch (B6, EPO, etc), but my heart wasn't in it. We were too busy, and just kinda going with it. Depressing, but maybe that 'not thinking' about it worked. Easier said than done! How do you NOT think about it? :) Having 2 vacations to deal with within 1 month helped distract us, I'm sure.
Anything else to say...(I've been waiting a long long time for this, so I guess I've got a lot to say!! lol!) Most women have a special way to tell DH. But he's very in tune with everything...he knows my cycle, knew when I'd be testing, etc. So, in the morning while we were getting ready for work, I took the test - a test strip from this site. As I was washing my face, I thought I saw a line out of the corner of my eye. DH was getting dressed and I walked in all pale, and shaky and told him "I think I see a line." We were like deer in headlights, so scared this wasn't real. I checked a few minutes later, and it was definitely a line. Still didn't believe it until I took a FRER that afternoon. Screamed BFP. Dark line! 1 more FRER and 2 digitals later...I'm still cautious! lol!
Symptoms: AF-like cramps. Totally thought I was getting AF. Looking back on it, I can see some other stuff. But nothing so out of the ordinary to suspect pregnancy. A few times, my cat was really really clingy with me. I was putting away laundry, walking back and forth from the bed to the drawers, and he was at my side every step. That was weird. I had sore bbs - so what? I've had that before. Peeing in the afternoon A LOT. I drink tons of water, so that wasn't so weird. Mostly though I pee a lot in the morning, and it tapers off in the afternoon. Lastly, major moodiness. I'm not one to get PMS, and I'm usually a mild-mannered person. Very non-confrontational. I get sad, not mad. But the day before the BFP, I had a fight with my mom, and I was FURIOUS. DH said "What's going on?? You're never angry like this!". I've definitely gotten short-tempered! Can I blame that on pregnancy hormones, already?? lol!