35 replies [Last post]
jdet

hey cagegurl....sorry about the BFN. i know that feeling all too well. FX for next time!

thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. i have a little update which is that i think i may have cycled this month. at this point, i'm actually happy to get a period because it means that i did ovulate....which is something, at least! i'm spotting a little today, so i'm hopeful. the OPKs never showed a positive this month, but i recently read that they can be less accurate for people with my problem. the rationale is that my problem is the result of a hormonal imbalance, so even if i do ovulate, the LH levels may be lower than normal.

in case anyone else is confused by all the acronyms, here's a link to a list! http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/content/ttc-acronyms

Welcome Mrs. Vining and morganbosley! best of luck to both of you.

treegap...I go to a community acupuncture clinic, so it's a sliding scale of about $15-25 per visit. I go once a week and it gives me a chance to take time for myself to mellow out and sit for 45min to an hour. Acupuncture can address other issues as well, you just explain your situation and the practitioner will determine how to arrange the needles. I have a needle phobia, but I'm ok with these. They are very thin, like bendable with your fingers. I was expecting something much scarier. I realize the jury is out regarding the effectiveness, but I value it right now for helping me relax. Overall, I feel like my energy level has improved since I've started going.

A's momma...thanks for your opinion on the testing. I agree it's good to know. I guess I worry that it will trigger a slew of prescriptions and I'm afraid of going that route until I've given the natural options a solid go. But I can always say no, right? so maybe I'll set something up with the lab. Peace of mind is a valuable thing.

My best friend had a healthy baby girl on Saturday! As much as it can be difficult to see it happening for everyone around me, I was overjoyed to hold that 36 hour old kid!

Mrs.Vining
Mrs.Vining's picture

Jdetamore good luck with the testing. I know the feeling of being scared to test. My mother had ENDO and I am scared I may have it aswell even though its not passed down. I may be going for testing for that and I am scared but first i have to set my husband up to get tested to see if he is fertile.. I am so nervous and have been putting it off.. where do i set him up? and my husband has nerve problems in his hands so he cant do it himself if you know what i mean and I dont know if they will let me help and how do you ask them and i dno its just so embarassing for me. my mom doesn;'t understand whats so embarassing about it but for me it is. we live in a very small town with not much around and I would love to get acupuncture but theres nothing like that around here for hours.. Plus i wish there was a place i could go that deals with everything baby like my husbands test my tests and everything else but theres not just regular health clinics..

On a different note i recieved my Basal Body Theremometer in the mail today.. I really want to start charting but i read you have to start the first day of AF.. i just got done a week ago so its going to be a while Sad..

Cagegurl sorry to hear about the BFN.. I wish you lots of luck and FX for ya!!

Good luck everyone and I'm wishing for BFP for everyone soon!!!!

Baby dust to all!!

treegap

hey everyone! was out of commission from the hurricane and school starting up. happy to be back, though! i've been charting my BBT and it's all about the same each morning for the last 5-6 days. mostly in the low 97's. i feel like i don't quite have a handle on reading my CM very well so i need to research that a little more or try to pay closer attention to it! i've been doing a daily OPK and in the morning only because i can't manage to do it mid-day now with school back in session. i just can't teach without drinking water most of the day so i fear it will be too diluted. i've yet to experience any surge taking it in the morning, though.

cagegurl, sorry about your BFN. i'm keeping all of you in my thoughts when i do my own affirmations, etc.

jdetamore, thanks for the info on acupuncture. i'm definitely going to look into it. my mother's friend swears by it for certain chronic pain she has. i need to look into what's available nearby and how i can arrange it.

anybody have any experience or thoughts with fertilitea? i purchased some and have been drinking it each day. it tastes good, but i'm unsure of its actual abilities!

mrs.vining, i hear you on the small town- we live in one, too, but fairly close to cities, etc. is there a larger town or city in reasonable distance you could travel to for your needs?

Mrs.Vining
Mrs.Vining's picture

treegap glad your back Smile .. the closest city that may have something for me would be about 2 and a half hours from here and they may not even have a place for me i may need to go five hours to the closest place.. I know i have to go five hours to get my ENDO testing done.. I am still researching on whats close but i am not finding much luck... I dont know much about BBT either.. I just got mine in the mail and I have not even tried it yet I might play around with it to get the hang of it before i have to start charting but i never get up at the same time so i hope that doesn;t matter to much...

well good luck,,, everyone!!

Baby dust to all!!

jdet

hi ladies. I was talking to my acupuncturist about how to keep my stress low while still doing all this stuff...the BBT, OPKs, etc. She said that if it feels like it's causing me stress, to cut out the BBT because it's not as accurate as doing the OPKs anyway. I've continued with the BBT because I have a very regular morning schedule so it's easy for me. I've found it interesting to chart and see how mine really doesn't look like how it's supposed to...but I thought I'd share this, particularly for Mrs. Vining. If it stresses you out to do the BBT every morning, just drop it. But to answer your question, yes it's important to do it at the same time (give or take a half hour). You could set an alarm and keep it next to your bed. It literally takes about 30 seconds to do and most will retain the digital record so you can check it later. I find that my body clock wakes me around 6:30 anyway, then sometimes I'll go back to sleep after taking it. Most importantly though, try not to stress about it. I know it's difficult...which is why I asked about stress management.

treegap...I haven't tried fertilitea, but I'm glad to hear it's tasty! I feel like there are sooo many products out there, that I tend to be a little distrustful of most of them. It's uncomfortable to be in a somewhat desperate demographic because it makes us a target for companies that can potentially make a lot of money off us. That's not a comment regarding fertilitea specifically, just the overall inundation of the fertility product market.

Mrs. Vining...I encourage you to find out the skinny on how to go about getting your husband tested. It won't be as intimidating once you find out what's involved and what to expect. I grew up in a small town and I know it can feel suffocating when dealing with deeply personal issues. I bet the medical community will surprise you in the way they handle it though. They deal with issues far more bizarre, trust me.

As for my testing, I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet. I don't know, I just can't seem to do it. My brother-in-law would call this Paralysis-by-Analysis.

Aurora-s Momma
Aurora-s Momma's picture

Welcome all our Newest Buddies!! So I just wanted to mention for those of you new to BBT and CM and all that good stuff, the book I mentioned before "Taking Charge of your Fertility" is probably the easiest and most informative book I've found. It even comes with a computer program to help you chart electronically on your own computer as well as use there website if you want to also.

That being said. So I got AF this morning and mild cramping and a BFN, so I guess we'll try again next month. Sad

Ms. Vining - Since this is the first time you would be charting your temp, I would definitely start doing it now so you get the hang of it. I found that once I started taking my temp, I woke up a bit more on a regular basis, albeit early (4-5a) and would take my temp go to the bathroom and go back to sleep.

Treegap Thanks! I hope things are going as smoothly as they can.

Capegurl I know what you feel like with the BFN. Will keep good vibes coming your way too!

morganbosley I wish I could offer advice to you, but I can't, I can only keep my fingers crossed and if I learn anything, will post it here.

Okay well I'm feeling pretty crappy today on a side note, which I think is a mixture of the early AF, cramps and the BFN. Hooray! Sad

Be yourself, everyone else is taken. (Oscar Wilde)

Mrs.Vining
Mrs.Vining's picture

Aurora-s momma I'm sorry about the BFN.. I think i will take your advice and start bbt now so i can get the hang of it.. I would have to wake up around 3:30- 4 every morning to take it because some mornings i work at 5 and have to get up at 3:30.. but when i dont work the next day i dont go to bed till about 12:30 because my hubby works nights and I like to talk to him on his lunch break so i hope it doesn't matter how much sleep you get before taking it as long as its at the same time ever morning...

Jdetamore I really want to get him tested I just am so unsure about where to get it done and how it will work out for him since he cant do that and i dno how to tell the doctor that.. i feel bad for him he is really embarassed and he is nervous to go...

I wish everyone good luck!!!

Baby dust to all!!

jdet

A's mom- I'm sorry you're in it for another month. It's always such a downer to get that BFN. It'll happen though. Our cycles are similar this month, since I had AF on the 5th. So perhaps we'll both have some luck! FX. I've started OPKs already because I'm saving them for comparison this month. I got no pos results last month, but I must've O'd at some point, right?

Mrs. V- I feel for you in your situation. Who knows, they might let you gather the sample at home and bring it in for testing. It's worth asking, but I understand it's a difficult subject to broach. My mom was a nurse and she would never bat an eye at a patient asking about something like this. I know it's really daunting, but you can do it! Smile best of luck to you.

So, my update is just that I'm excited to have gotten AF on my own this month, without Provera. The hope was that Provera would bring on AF in August and jumpstart me to cycle on my own in Sept...which happened! It's no BFP, but it's still good news to see that things are working in there. I'm going to OPK and chart like a mad woman this month to try to pinpoint my ovulation, if it happens again. The only problem: my DH agreed to a parental visit right during the time that I would by O'ing *if* I have a 36 day cycle like last month. My inlaws seriously cramp out style for conception opportunities. If only they knew, I'm sure they would stay away Smile

Mrs.Vining
Mrs.Vining's picture

jdetamore.. congrats on AF on your own thats awsome... I'm glad that is working for you and I hope that the visit from the parents doesn't ruin to much.. Thank you for the support with my DH.. I called and finally made an appointment. we have not gone in yet to talk with the doctor about our problems but we have the appointment.. its the first step atleast.. I found a good wording to tell the lady what the appointment was about.. I just said a fertility appointment.. I am sure she could guess but atleast it sounds better then a sperm test lol...
So I got a BFN yesturday.. I was a little sad because i was really hoping.. then this morning I got AF... Sad I am really hoping to get a BFN by december.. I dont care when I get one but my hopes are to have a baby as far away from christmas as possible.. DH's birthday is January and he hates it being so close.. If i was to get a BFN this month or next month I am looking at a june or july baby.. Thats perfect.. Any month is fine those are just my hopes.. I started atcually charting today I am hoping i will get a better hang of it..

Baby dust to all!!

cagegurl
cagegurl's picture

hi ladies! visited OB last week. she found out that i have a cervical polyp. Sad i have to take a medicine which is a 6 month process or i have to undergo minor operation.. I'm having spotting yesterday (one symptom of having a polyp).

i stopped OPKing this month. will have to wait for AF to come so i can take ova-mit (ovulating inducing agent) which OB gave me because she thinks my ovulation is very late. maybe because of my long cycle range... hope ova-mit will work for me so that i will not undergo any operation..

Daisypath Anniversary tickers