35 replies [Last post]
Elizabeth

Smile

treegap

Hello buddies! I'm happy to be part of this ttc support system! I am 34 years old and ttc for the first time. We only started trying in the last 2 months and I am currently having some stress about it that I'd love to get feedback on! I look forward to getting to know all of you here. Thanks!

tmb0047

This new group is pretty quiet!

Good luck to you treegap, I hope you get a BFP very soon! Try not to get too discouraged if things don't happen right away though, this TTC business can be tricky! There are some wonderful ladies on this site that are very helpful and supportive!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

treegap

Thanks for the encouragement, tmb007! I am mostly stressed because as soon as we started trying in earnest, I seem to have stopped ovulating! I went off birth control at the end of February and had 2 cycles of about 34 days, then one of 42 and now I haven't had my period since mid-June but I've had two negative tests. I've been using the OPK on and off and it just appears I am not ovulating. This is so frustrating because while I've never had cycles of exactly the same number of days, I've basically always had them between about 28-36 days. Now... nothin'! I'm wondering if the stress of wanting/trying to conceive is affecting my body... any suggestions to try and relax?

tmb0047

I'm not sure I can be of much help as I am one of those girls who has super long cycles as well. My last cycle hit the 160 day mark before my DR induced AF with provera! I just did my 1st round of clomid and I am sure hoping it did the trick. I think I O'd yesterday but am not yet 100%sure. My BBT was up slightly this am so if I see another rise tomorrow then I will be pretty sure that I did indeed O. Have you seen a DR yet?

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

treegap

I am currently waiting to hear back from my OB/GYN on whether to come in or what to do (she's on vacation)! I had a regular yearly in April and was not having these issues at that point. I had just stopped using BCP 2 months prior and had had 2 AF's. The exam and normal yearly testing seemed normal and she said the fact that I had had 2 AF's seemed like a good sign. My DH and I decided to start trying in June and since then I've been stressed and have not had AF. I know it's only been two months of no AF, but this just has never happened to me before so I'm freaking out. I don't currently take my BBT, but perhaps I should start? I see that you have two children- do you mind if I ask whether you were experiencing highly irregular cycles when you conceived them? How did you go about keeping track, charting your cycles then? Sending out good vibes and thoughts to you with this round!

cagegurl
cagegurl's picture

hi girls! Smile sorry i haven't opened my email that's why i didn't know that ms elizabeth created this group..

hi treegap! me and DH has been married for 1yr and 3months now but we started ttc for 5months. we decided i'll take cervical vaccine first before having a baby.
like you, i have irregular periods. my cycle is 40-50 days and lasts 5-6 days.. I've been using OPK for a month now. last Aug14-16 i got a positive from OPK. it's been 8dpo. i'll try HPT on the 29th. Smile

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

tmb0047

Treegap - My two other children are from a previous marriage and, yes, I had very irregular cycles when each of them was conceived. My son was a surprise when I was 20 and my daughter was 2 years in the making. I didn't track anything with either of them so tracking is fairly new to me. I have been BBTing for a few months now and have been using OKP's from the start. I track my cycles on a site called fertiliy friend...It lets you imput a ton of info and also helps predict and confirm O dates...

Sorry for busting in on your group here. I see one of your buddies has shown up! Good luck to you both!

treegap

Thanks, tmb007, I appreciate your info and support! I just bought a basal thermometer so I'll try that, too! Hi Cagegurl! I'm putting out good vibes for you on a BFP this time around! It's comforting to know I'm not the only one with an irregular cycle. I'm trying not to compare myself to those around me, but it seems like my friends are just super fertile and many got pregnant the first time they tried. I know this is not the norm, but it sometimes gets to me that I feel in the dark about my ovulation and worry that it just disappeared and it will never return!! My anxiety can take me to dark places! Anyway, I just bought a ton of OPK's and was wondering since the directions on so many are conflicting- when is the best time to do them? I had been doing them first thing in the morning, then this new kind I got says NOT to do it first thing in the morning. Any thoughts, opinions on this??

Aurora-s Momma
Aurora-s Momma's picture

Hi Ladies! (I've perused through previous posts in this group, so am fairly caught up I think, though I cannot offer any advice as I am not familiar with your specific situation Treegap, but if I find or hear of stuff, I'll add it here.) So here's my intro:

I am 31 and have a little girl (Aurora) who turned 10 months old on the 12th. I am trying now for #2! This is the first cycle I am trying and started getting AF 5 month after birth of my daughter. So far my cycle seems to be pretty regular (as it was before my pregnancy). My mother purchased "Taking Control of Your Fertility" for me several years ago and I read it front to back and learned SOOOOO much stuff I didn't know about my body. When I started TTC for Aurora, since I had been charting myself for 3 years already, I knew what to look for and was successful the first month. I'm hoping that will be the same case this month, I should "O" on the 25th or 26th, so hopefull will see BFP in a couple of weeks. I decided to only chart my CM & CP this first month of TTC, just so it was a bit less stressful. If it doesn't work this month, next month I will start charting my BBT too! Sending good vibes your way too!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken. (Oscar Wilde)

Elizabeth

Welcome to your newest buddy.... jdetamore!