1163 replies [Last post]
Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

And by the way Jolie....no one knows what they are doing as parents...you just figure it out as you go.

La Vie Jolie
La Vie Jolie's picture

Hey!

So I just had a chance to read through the entire thread and wow, seems like everyone has experienced their share of drama but also there seems to be a lot of exciting things happening!

@Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about everything with the cyst that burst. I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you. And your crazy insensitive sister-in-law sounds awful! It still shocks me how insensitive people can be. For her to break the news of her own pregnancy in a public place (when she probably knew full well how you'd feel) is just thoughtless. Is she the same sister in law who told you you were acting like a b***h? She sounds awful. I can unfortunately relate. I also have a sister in law who's a pain. I am definitely not telling her we're trying! She's one of those people who loves to brag that she comes from a very fertile line of women and that she conceived both of her sons in one try. Even before I was TTC, I thought this was rude and obnoxious, but now I think it would make me bananas. Crazy

I'm just now starting to understand these mixed feelings of happiness and jealousy when someone tells you they're pregnant. One of my best friends G just told me last week that she's expecting her second child and hate to admit, I was initially hit by a twinge of jealousy before the excited happy feelings emerged. It's a new feeling for me. My other best friend L is expecting her second in January. Over the summer, 7 women in my department had babies. Its exhausting having to muster up the energy to be excited for everyone all the time when I just feel so frustrated. Then I feel bad b/c I feel like I'm being a selfish brat!

@Katherine, my cycles are fairly regular but they're never clockwork. Sometimes it's 28 days, other times it's like 32 so I'm never completely sure when I ovulate. I have a general window, but I'm so type A, I had to get those OPKs to try and narrow that window down a bit more to try and increase our chances. Let's hope they work!

As for testing too soon, that is a possiblity. I tested with EPT (it says 99% accurate even a few days before your missed period) and there wasn't even a faint line. Sad Now that I'm a couple days late, I'm tempted to test again, but I don't want to make myself crazy. I had a little spotting today, but that was it. If AF doesn't show up by Monday, I may try again, but I'm doubtful now.

But sounds like there could be something exciting in store for you Katherine! Will be thinking of you when you test next. Good luck!

So for everyone, I actually do have a couple of questions I was hoping you could help me out with since I'm new to this. Are there any modifications you've made to your diet? What prenatal vitamins are you using? I'm cutting down on caffiene but I haven't been able to cut it out altogether. I do one cup a morning of half-caf with a Splenda. As for prenatals, I'm taking VitaGummies for now but realize they don't have any iron so I started taking a seperate liquid iron supplement (Floradix). I think i'd be better off just taking one vitamin with everything in it but not sure which is best.

Any other changes to your habits or diet? I don't smoke. Only have the occasional glass of wine but I've stopped that for now. Not sure what else I should be doing?

xo
Jolie

xoxo,
Jolie
Pregnancy%20tickerMake a pregnancy ticker

feather287
feather287's picture

Hi!!
@ Jolie-- I so know how you feel when you talk about mustering up happiness for all the women around you! All I know is what doesn't kill us makes us stronger! The pregnant sister in law and the one that told me I was a B**** are 2 different sister in laws! If I didn't have a supportive husband and family(my side, not his) I would be such a wreck!
I haven't changed my diet very much as I don't drink and don't smoke normally so that was never a problem. I am with you on the caffiene problem though. I on occasion drink coffee but I love Dr.pepper!!! I am taking just a standard prenatal and a fish oil, which my dr recommended for me.
Because I have PCOS they tested my blood but it was in normal range so I haven't had any restrictions put in place.
I can't ever tell where my O is which is why I got the fertility monitor, my doctor actually recommended it for me.
@ Katherine-- I think we all have our fingers crossed for you! Let us know how things work out! I think about you during the day and say a little prayer for you Smile

Heather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

Heather you are totally the sweetest!!!!!

Am still haging strong...feeling a lot of pulling and streth=ching feelings in the pelvis which is exctactly what happened with lil miss Audrey!!!!! Either I am preggo or that little alien fromt the movie alien is going to pop out and dance on the kitchen counter soon. Kidding...we will see.

OK...Jolie here goes....you actually do not need the iron until you are pregggers but why not take it anyway?...its good for you. I took prenatals prescriptions in the begiining with Audrey and they gave me vertigo. I take a chewable over the counter and had a WONDERFUL pregnancy with Audrey. I think what you are taking is fine and when you do get preggers you can just talk to your doc about it.

I only drinking a glass of wine for a few nights after I get AF...can't really drink much anyway as I am still nursing Audrey. I drank a cup of coffe everyday with Audrey and had an occasional decaf from Starbucks in the afternoon which you know is really like a regular coffee from somewhere else and she came out great. My doc said a cup to two cups (actual cups though not a bowl size mug) are fine.

I then I wouldn't worry about it too much......once baby attaches (implantation) that is when he or she gets stuff from you...not while he or she is floating down the tube...so I would sya be REALLY care about things 4 days after DPO and you should be great! The OPKs rock. I am type A too and love having the control of knowing what is happening inside my body...HEATHER I think i would love to have your monitor cause it is even more precise.

I am rambling...YIKES!!!!!...OK tests...EPT is very reliable but not the earliest. First Response Early Result is really the best if you want an early result. After AF is due though EPT should be fine.

Ok ladies....as to distract me from "am I am I not"...let's talk about something on topic but different.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE LIKE AS A MOM?....WHAT ARE YOUR HOPES FOR MOTHERHOOD?...

I love this question...someone asked me this when I was pregnant with Audrey and I think we get so wrapped up in trying to get pregnant that we sometimes forget about the parenting part.

and go....

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

WOW typo central...sorry!

liane
liane's picture

Hi girls,

I am new to this whole blogging thing and I hope I am in the right group and am not intruding in your posts. I think this is the one I am assigned to.

Well here is my story- I am 30 years old and have a 2 year old son. We heard the average couple takes up to 6 mo. to conceive if everything is working properly so we were shocked when we conceived first shot w/ Chase. We assumed that we would conceive very easily again and we wanted them 2 years apart so we began trying last April (and thinking it would happen right away). We finally got pregnant in August and were thrilled!! Then.... we miscarried and now we are back to trying again. I took the miscarriage harder than I thought and am still have difficulty accepting it. The majority of my friends are all pregnant and it is difficult to be around them b/c I do have a little jealousy (though I am excited for them).

I decided to start ovulation sticks and ordered from this site and noticed the community of bloggers so I thought that it might be a good idea to develop a support group and friendships w/ those going through the same thing as me (b/c I am sure my family and friends are sick of hearing about it).

Sorry so long!!

Liane

Liane

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

Hi Liane!!!!

I am so sorry for your loss. I recently had a miscarriage as well. It was fairly early but I know how it feels to go from feeling so happy to so sad.

So glad you are with us!!! Heather and Jolie are here too! We can be great listeners. Chase looks like a cutie...

Katherine

La Vie Jolie
La Vie Jolie's picture

Welcome Liane! I'm pretty new here too (just two days!) so I'm joining in a little late as well. But so glad we have a full group now!

Also, I'm so sorry about your loss. That must have been really difficult for you guys. I can definitely relate though about wanting a community of people to talk to who aren't necessarily friends and family. We're trying for our first and we've decided to stay hush about the process for now. So it's nice to be able to vent and talk in this forum with people who are going through the same things! I also hear you on the twinges of jealousy seeing other friends have babies. Weird mixture of jealousy, excitement/happiness and a little guilt. :-S

@Heather, wow about your two sisters in law. With in laws like that, who needs enemies? It's a tough enough process to to deal with, but when you have such a lack of support from the people who are supposed to be a part of your biggest cheering squad, that's an even bigger blow. Well, never fear. You definitely have us on your side! Smile But anytime you want to vent about crazy in laws, I can definitely empathize. DH's brother is kind of a jerk and his wife (the one who loves to brag about her fertile loins) is not very nice either.

And thank you both Heather and Katherine for the advice and suggestions! Starbucks is my weakness and I've cut down to one tall half caf every morning but that's it. I am definitely the girl who normally drinks a bowl of coffee every day!

And I love that we're all using the OPKs. Heather, can you let us know how you like the ovulation monitor you got? And how it works? I'd be curious to know more.

@Katherine, I have a habit of writing novels (as I'm sure you all can see!) so I'll write my answer to your question in my next post! Great question and a great way to focus on some positivity. Smile

xo
Jolie

xoxo,
Jolie
Pregnancy%20tickerMake a pregnancy ticker

feather287
feather287's picture

Hi girls!!
I'm not sure where to start!! Smile Happy Friday to all!
I guess First Welcome Liane, So glad you joined us! We all know how you feel with women and friends around you getting what we so desperately want! It is a very rough and emotional thing! This is a great place to let it out and know that you are definitely not alone! I would love to hear more about your son, Chase. I am so sorry about your m/c! I can't even imagine that happening! I can't even begin to think of something that would be comforting as I have never been in that place........... I do know what you mean about how talking to friends and family gets to where you feel like you are burdening them talking about it! Now you can just talk to us! Smile

Jolie!
After you asked about the prenatal I looked at mine last night and mine does have iron in it so I would just look for one that has it in it as I heard it is really good for your body to have that when you very first start out in a pregnancy so it really can't hurt anything! I am hoping my new monitor will shed some light on my cycle and then I can share how it is working with everyone.

Katherine my dear!
I am glad to hear you are feeling some of the same things as you did with Audrey! Let us know what happens when you test!!! I am on the edge of my seat with fx for you!!
I loved your question about being a mom and to answer you really I just want to be the kind of great mother that my mom was to me. I know that might sound dumb but my mom is my best friend and has always been so great with me and my sister. I can't wait to cuddle and love on a child and hey even make mistakes! Smile I want to be supportive and loving and show my children how important life is and how living and not just getting by in life is so important!

I just looked at my calendar and realized today is cd40!!! Yes I just said 40!!! I kind of feel like crying! Stupid pcos!! GRRRR! I can't wait for AF to show so I can start on the road again! I feel like I am just wasting time away waiting right now and it is driving me crazy!!! I am on day 6 of the prescription that should make AF arrive,so I still have 4 more days of it, then wait and see when it makes its arrival.
Ok, now I vented a little I feel better and I think I should just go to bed before I completely fall apart!

Goodnight Ladies!!
Heather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

Oh Heather that was beautiful!!!! I think you should share that with your mom. (I am a Marriage and Family Therapist by trade and am a sucker for that kind of thing)

I want Audrey and who ever else comes along to be confident, I want to raise kids to be strong and never second guess him or herself. I want to teach Audrey to love herself and to commit to her relationships with her whole heart. I want to teach my kids to be brave and much like my dad I want them to never hesitate to come to me for anything and understand that I will always back them up!

I feel like I have this with Audrey already but sometimes I worry that making room for another one will takes it's toll on her. i guess alot people feel that way though.