1163 replies [Last post]
feather287
feather287's picture

How do you get your ticker to work? I have tried everything I can think of to make it work..............

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Elizabeth

Welcome to your newest buddy.... La Vie Jolie!

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

Ok...So you can click on mine and change your dates then click get it for your profile...then you highlight the HTML and then go back to this site....got your your account....edit account and then paste the html in your signature.

Feeling a bit more optimistic today. Boobs getting bigger, having AF like cramps and back pain which I only get when my period has arrived and definitely not before...so we will see.

Another thing Audrey is acting weird. VERY clingy and wants to be right next to me non-stop. I have read this can be an early pregnancy symptom for breastfeeding women so who knows. I will test again this weekend.

How are you? Cramps any better? Did you get AF?

We are heading to Jason's parents house for Audrey's first Christmas. They live in Maryland and we live in PA. My parents have ten grand kids and have had many firsts with many of them...and Jason's family has not. She is the first grandchild and so we are going to them.

Jason's mom manages a department store and is OBSESSED with Christmas. In my family we get money cause my parents have six kids and it would take forever to buy us stuff....well Jason's mom goes crazy for all of us and it feels like being a little kid again. I can't wait to see her with Audrey!!!!

What about you?

La Vie Jolie
La Vie Jolie's picture

Hey!

I hope there's room for one more in here! Just got placed into this buddy group and it looks like I already have a lot of catching up to do! Briefly met Feather287 in the Introductions section and looking forward to getting to know you Kitterp!

Basically a quick rundown of me... I'm 35 (about to turn 36), DH is 36 and we've just started TTC our first. We're also keeping our journey private which means we haven't shared the news with family or friends yet. Long story short, we have great family and friends who just tend to be a little too nosy and pushy at times. Love them, but they stress me out and I really want to keep this whole process as low stress as possible! I realize everyone is just anxious to be a grandparent/aunt/uncle/etc. but I just don't need to be managing everyone else's expectations on top of everything else right now. I realize there is a lot of unsolicited advice that goes around whenever the subject of babies come up! But at the same time, it's good to get support and have someone to talk to about these things so I"m looking forward to finding that (hopefully!) here! At some point today, looking forward to reading through what the two of you have already discussed!

xo
Jolie

xoxo,
Jolie
Pregnancy%20tickerMake a pregnancy ticker

Elizabeth

Welcome to your newest buddy.... liane!

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

Hi JOLIE!!!!! I am 35 as well. I had my first baby at 35 Audrey...she is 8 months old. Husband and I are working on number 2. This TTC is kind of new to me as Audrey was concieved without hardly any effort. I have PCOS and was told it would take medication to concieve her so have fun...well 21 days after the wedding she came about! I have been working on #2 for two months.

My real name is Katherine and I am happy you are here!

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

I do not know how I missed that ...HI LIANE as well! Heather and I have been hanging together for a week or so and now we have more company!!! Happy you are here too!

Fill us in on you.

La Vie Jolie
La Vie Jolie's picture

Hey Katherine! Wow, what a great and inspiring story for you to have gotten pregnant so quickly with PCOS. My cousin (and I believe an aunt as well) has PCOS and neither of them were ever able to have children so I've always had that worry in the back of my head. I've never been tested but probably should (do you just ask your gyno for a test? What does it involve?) but I don't have any of the classic symptoms (which I hear includes weight problems, acne, excess hair?)

But we've been technically TTC for two to three months now with no luck. I know it wasn't going to be that easy but I don't think I was ready to face the strange surge of emotions that came with the arrival of AF each month! It's so much more disappointing than I thought it would be. I've been off birth control for 2 years but have been monitoring my cycle to prevent pregnancy up till recently. Now we're doing the opposite!

I'm also glad to hear that you're in the 35 and over age range! So many of my friends get on my case about my "advanced maternal age" and it's been kind of annoying. I'm fully aware of the limitations as we get older. But I also live in NYC where almost every woman I work with didn't have her first child until mid 30s to early 40s so that has been very encouraging to see! Age has also been a worry in the back of my mind, but I also didn't want to start trying for a child until I knew DH and I were personally ready. I'm still a little terrified of the idea of being a parent (what if we don't know what we're doing?), but we have reached a place where we're both ready to face that challenge so hopefully our decision to wait doesn't come back to haunt me.

As for our most recent update, AF is two days late but I took a test the other day and it came back negative so it was really discouraging. I'm pretty sure AF will arrive any day now, which means I'll be starting again in two weeks or so. I also ordered the OPKs that came today so it'll be interesting to see if those work for us. Has anyone used these? When do you generally start testing?

xo
Jolie

p.s. Welcome Liane!

xoxo,
Jolie
Pregnancy%20tickerMake a pregnancy ticker

feather287
feather287's picture

HI Ladies!
Should be fun for our group as it has doubled! Smile
My real name is Heather , and I am 24 and so is DH.
We have been ttc for over a year now with no luck. I was diagnosed with PCOS and was put on the medication fermera which is just like clomid. I took 2 rounds before I had an ovarian cycst burst and had to stop taking it for a month. I am just waiting for lovely AF to show so I can start my next round.

@Jolie-- I really know what you mean about pressure from loved ones and how it can stress you out more. We hadn't told many people until I was in the er with my cycst bursting, and now all I get is question after question. It definitely makes it harder on you. This whole journey is such and emotional roller coaster. You will learn how being here and talking and venting and asking questions really helps! I have done the opk's and they have helped me track where things are at for me. I am going to start using a fertility monitor to increase my odds! I would start testing at like cd8 unless you know around what time you usually O.

@Katherine
I think it sounds like you definitely need to test this weekend and see what happens. I wonder if Audrey knows something you don't Smile I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! I bet Audrey will love christmas this year with all the activity going on! I can only imagine how excited she will be! I am sure it will be great for Jason's parents to spend her first Christmas with her!

Hi Liane- welcome to the group!!
Heather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

Hi ladies,

Jolie I bought that massive back of the OPK and I used two a day so I wouldn't miss it. It works for sure. I also used the preseed for kicks and loved it!

I am originally from NY...Bethpage Long Island.

If you have a regular cycle and find out you are ovulating fine with OPKs I wouldn't be concerned about PCOS. But PCOS doesn't always come with weight issues and facial hair. There are five bits to hit for the diagnosis and you have to have three of the five....no period for a long while, cysts on the ovaries like a string of pearls, elevated blood sugar, high testosterone, and one more I do not remember.

I found the best way for me to manage was with eliminating white sugar and white flour. My blood sugar being in better range has really helped regulate my cycle and I think that is where Audrey came from.

NO AF Heather?...

Jolie could you have tested too soon?...and what tests are you using...some are more sensitive than others?

AF.....I keep getting cramps, especially in back for the past two days...last night's were bad...and there is no AF....I NEVER GET cramps until AF is here so I am really hopeful!!!!! This would be really great ....gonna hold out to test as long as I can so if it is true ,,,there is no question.