1163 replies [Last post]
Elizabeth

Smile

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

Hi feather. Glad you are here. Got a sleeping baby who is just waking up but will post more about me and such when she naps again!

Thanks Elizabeth!

feather287
feather287's picture

Hi kitterp,
I'm not sure where to start really. I guess I will just start with a little background. I have been married for 2 years this month and we have been ttc for over a year now. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and have been put on fermera which is just like clomid. I took 3 rounds and then had a ovarian cycst burst so they took me off it. I had a few u/s to check on them and also had an HSG test(ouch!) and they have given me the ok to go back on the fermera as soon as AF arrives. I would love to hear about your situation and about your little one!!
Can't wait to hear from you soon!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

Hi feather,
My name is actually Katherine. I am 35 years old. I have an 8 month old little girl named Audrey and have been married about a year and a half. No we didn't waste anytime. You are gonna really like my story actually...

I too have PCOS and was told kids would be VERY difficult. Docs told me to have fun after the wedding and come back for clomid in six months. Well....1 days later Audrey was conceived. I have known about the PCOS since I was 16 and you can imagine my shock when the BFP came in. I spent 15 years worrying about it.

We are trying for one more as fast as possible as we want them close together and I would like to be as young as possible when we have them. I have been working on it for a month now and unfortunately had a miscarriage last month. I am still breast feeding which makes ovualtion a little tricky but from what my doc said it also contributes to a short luetal phase which is why they think the pregnancy did not take. Something about it not attaching right. We are trying for now with the breastfeeding but will stop and I will go back on Metphormin in March when Audrey turns one and I can wean her. If we get pregnant before that (fingers crossed) I will let her wean herself when she is ready.

Sorry this was so long!

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

I am sorry...that was meant to be 21 one days later not one day later in the conception part. WOW it is early. Also my husbands name is Jason.

feather287
feather287's picture

Katherine!
I love that name, it's actually my sisters name! That is so awesome you got pregnant so fast after your wedding!
I totally think you can get pregnant while breastfeeding as my mother in law did it with all 6 of her kids! It will so work out for you! They have not put me on metphormin as of yet and I hope they dont have to. My sister was on it for a while and it made her really sick. Even with the fermera I have still had longer cycles, usually around 35 days but this month since they took me off it to do some tests I have no idea if I will start on my own. I am the oldest of 2 children and my sister is not married so my parents definately want grandchildren. My husband Gregg is number 5 of the six children, other than us and the youngest brother everyone else in the family has kids. My sister in law just told our family that she is expecting number 2. She waited til she was almost 5 months to tell us! I bawled like a little kid when she told us. I couldn't help it, I am glad for them as they didnt plan on having another one so it's good for them but she knew what I had been going thru and was not sensitive about telling me at all. We were in public when she told the family! It was horrible!
Im glad to know someone that got pregnant with PCOS without trying after being told it would be hard. Gives me a little ray of hope so thanks for that!
Talk to you soon!
Heather

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

Good morning Heather! Yuck...I have had that experience recently too. Not that I have been trying forever or anything but right after I had the miscarriage three friends and a sister in law all showed up pregnant! Was really happy for all of them but timing sucked!

PCOS is really hard. I have found it affects more than just fertility for me in that I have trouble with sugar bad! I only eat non white stuff... meaning no white flour or sugar and it helps. That and Metphormin and I was right as rain. I had no issue with it. I actually had the opposite affect of most people if you know what I am getting at! (TMI).

Ok...so we are REALLY in the same boat cyclewise right now because you have no clue about your cycle right now and I know what my tickler says but with the BFeeding...I could be waiting another ten-thirty days to ovulate again. It is not usually consistent for a while. My last cycle ended with a miscarriage on 10/22....but I hadn't had a cycle since July. We will see!

Glad to be in it with ya! Wink

feather287
feather287's picture

It is pretty awesome we have somewhere to talk and vent and share and give/take advice. I just bought a clear blue easy fertility monitor that I am going to start using as soon as AF arrives. I hope it helps me know when I am ovulating or if I am at all. The monitor was pretty expensive but I am hoping it will be worth the money! My doctor highly recommended it so we can track how my cycles are changing and track my progress. If it works I am so going to recommend it to everyone I know. I am so sorry about your m/c I can't even imagine how hard that would be and I don't know how people deal with something like that, You must be really strong! You should be proud of yourself for picking your self up and to be able to start trying again!

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

Thanks. It was fairly early. Not to sound way Debbie downer but my older brother just lost his baby girl in September. He delivered twins baby girls at 5 weeks gestation. One is doing fine now and growing but we lost the little one seven days after her birth. I think it was easier for me to deal with my loss as I was trying to keep his loss in perspective and be strong for him....does that make sense?

i am glad we have this too. This process is so crazy so far. I took the ease of Audrey's conception for granted for sure! I think husbands try and get it but it is hard....only someone with the same or similar dilemma, waiting periods, happy news, and sad results will REALLY get it.

Have had a cysts burst in my teens. How are you doing with that? That can be scary..and painful.

feather287
feather287's picture

Katherine,
What happened to your brother is so so so sad, I might have cried a little ok maybe a lot when I read that. Makes you step back and think of the good things you have in your life for sure. You and your family must be built strong! How is Audrey doing? I bet she is beautiful! My husbands sister just had a baby in August and they are going to be moving in with us within the month! I can't wait to have Gavin around, somehow he makes my heart not hurt so much! My DH babysits him on Tuesdays and I love coming home and seeing him with Gavin. I try not to dwell on the waiting and the negative tests. We can do this together and help each other! You were definately meant to have Audrey for a reason or she wouldn't have shown up when she did. My brother in law (the one that's moving in with us) has a theory as to why I haven't gotten my BFP yet because all the grandchildren go in a boy girl order and since he had Gavin and the new baby is supposed to be a girl I had to wait until Brandie got pregnant again because I am supposed to have a boy. It's kind of a strange concept but it helps for some reason. Who knows maybe I'm not meant to have a boy but hey what if I am? I have to go get dinner started now, Thanks for letting me ramble today and have a great weekend!
Heather

Kitterp
Kitterp's picture

Well Heather cross you fingers for me. I got two faint positives this morning on two different brands. Long story but I started taking B6 to help extend my luetal phase and am thinking it made me ovulate early. Husband and I BD'd early for kicks and we just may have done it. I know a line is a line...especially on two different brands of test but am nervous because of last month. Am so anxious. I know you said I must be strong but I am not sure I can do that again!

Not considering it a BFP yet until it has that very dark no mistaking line and then to see the doctor..

How are you? Any signs of AF?