84 replies [Last post]
Elizabeth

Since you are a new group, you may want to start with an intro and overview of your TTC journey up until this point.

FX for everyone's BFP!!!

Have fun!

Smile Elizabeth

Mckenna

Thank You Elizabeth!

Hello everyone! I am 44 yrs old and my husband is 58. We have been TTC since 2007. This has been an emotional roller coaster for both of us. I have had 4 miscarriages total. I have seen 2 RE's. One patted me on the back after my 2nd miscarriage and told me to keep trying. The 2nd one told me that I was fine, except that my eggs were small and old. I was told that I had a less than 10% chance of conceiving with my own eggs, my FSH was 12,and that I should consider using someone else's eggs. We just do not have that kind of money. I had Polyps and Fibroids, both were removed. Which both RE's figured that was the reason why I couldn't carry to term. I did conceive again, this past June, but lost the baby at 6 weeks. I was told that my progesterone level was low. I was started on Progesterone, but it was too late. My husband is in great condition. Everything was tested including his sperm, which we were told he had enough to populate Bolivia, and the sperm were in great shape.

So the issue lies with me. My husband refuses to give up. He did a lot of research and started me on Evening Primrose Oil, Black Cohosh, Ginseng, Vitamin E, C, D, and Zinc. Chaste Berry (VItex), and Grape Seed Extract, Ginkgo Biloba & DHEA. I felt like a walking herb. Then I Googled to find out about strengthening your body, etc so that you can/will be prepared for carrying a child. I read about Reproductive Acupuncture. So I started that after my 44th birthday, (September). Once I went to them, they gave me paperwork all about different herbs great for reproduction. I saw something called Fertil Aid, and Fertil Aid CM. So I stopped taking all the herbs I was taking, and narrowed it down to those 2 pills, especially since it appears as though everything I was taking were in the Fertil Aid series. I am also taking DHEA, 50 mg and drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea/Peppermint. It seems like a lot, but it is really effortless. I see the RA once a week. So this herbal journey began for me in August of this year. I pray that we will conceive. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! Smile

I pray that something works. Baby Dust to All! Smile

Chocolate Girl

Liams.mum

Hello Mckenna,

Thanks for sharing you TTC journey so far. Do you have other children, or are you trying for your first? A friend of mine had her first at 41 and second at 43, so it's definitely possible. I respect you for sticking to your plan, children are such a joy and everyone deserves to experience that.

As for me, I am 34 (turning 35 next January) and my partner is 37. I have a 7 yr. old son from a previous relationship, who I love to bits. I am so excited to be able to start trying with someone who really wants this and is just as excited as I am. We have been tracking my cycles and saving our nest egg for the last 10 months. This is our first month we will be trying. I am nervous because I am alot older than the first time I conceived. DP is taking FertilAid for men (just as a precaution) and I am taking a prenatal and FertilCM starting this month. I can't seem to get a ticker working on this site but I'm just on CD2, so a bit of a wait until I O (usually around CD15).

I'm looking forward to talking to you all about the ups and downs of this journey and hopefully we all end up with BFPs soon!

Renee
DS - 2003

KimL101009

Hello Ladies,

I am Kim, I am almost 29 years old. DH is 26 years old. We have been married just over a year now. We spent a lot of time apart. DH is an over the road trucker. I get home time 4 days a month roughly. We started trying when he didnt have a job because of the fact we knew he could get a job running over the road no problem. So we figured when he tried for a local job, we would try and if we got pregnant he would go over the road until a local job opened up. But he got so sick of looking for a job when an over the road company called him and said will you work for us. He called me and I said go for it. We are going to try and get home during the right times of the month. Plus I work like 50 hours a week right now with added stress. Nice to meet you two.

KimL101009

Mckenna and Liams.mum I am glad both of you have supportive other halves. I know my DH is always there.

Mckenna

Hello Liam's Mum!
I have 2 other children, one 4 and the other 9. Both boys want a sister. At this point I would like to just be able to carry to term! I consider my self to be almost up there in age. I waited until I was your age to have my first as well. I hope everything works out for the both of you. It is such an exciting journey, and scary as well! I had issues with the ticker in the beginning as well. I did not realize that when I chose the 1st button out of the 3 and put the cursor in the empty box below, that it actually worked! Although you see a bunch of letters and numbers, when you go to post your comment, your ticker will come up under your comments. Every time I log on, it (the ticker) has moved. It took a minute, but I got it, finally.

I seem to CD around day 14. That is just what I have managed to figure out within this last cycle. Good luck to you! BFP to you soon.

Chocolate Girl

Mckenna

Hello Kim!
Good luck to you and your hubby! Watch out for the stress. I read somewhere that when we stress, we may fail to ovulate. I try to make this journey a pleasant one. I wish you all the best! The Fertil Aid and the Fertil CM are the best! Good luck on trying! Baby Dust to You!

Chocolate Girl

KimL101009

With him now having a job things are easier, well all but not having him home. I am planning having some girl nights that will help me relax. Like this weekend a ladies night taco dinner night.

How is everyone today.

Liams.mum

Hi ladies,

I'm doing better today since the AF cramps are now under control. Mckenna, I agree with the stress causing problems. When I was separating from my ex I went through a year of very irregular periods and lots of spotting. I am much happier now and in control of how life is going, which is a big relief.

Mckenna - looks like today is your day, hopefully you can take advantage and get lots of BD in.

Kim - Having a regular job is definitely a plus. Are you able to line up OV with DH being home this month?

AFM - We are looking at rings today! I think my DP (Jason) is ready to propose!

Renee
DS - 2003

Mckenna

Hello All!!!

Well Kim, I agree with Liam's mum, a regular job is a big plus. My hubby Love and I call each other once a day, while we are at work, we call it a "Weather" check, just to see how each others day is going. When we get home, we do "How was your day dear?" It helps alleviate tension and stress. Great release combined with a foot or back rub, or just over dinner. I really hope that during DH's being home that you guys are able to make some progress. Mmmmmmm tacos...cool idea! Girls night is even better! There are 13 of us in a group, and everyone takes turns having something at their home, or a favorite restaurant, etc. Most of us come up with a theme. The sky is the limit for what each girl chooses to do. One girl had a "Slumber Party", like when we were kids. One had a Luau. Takes your mind off of things.

Liam's Mum....yes...today is my day. I was so excited when I saw 2 identical lines for ovulation, yesterday. I am taking full advantage...for the past 5 days! LOL! Smile Oh my, did you say propose?

AFM......I didn't get to meet AFM. Do we have ladies ready to go down the isle!!!! That is so nice! Well I hope both of you get that proposal. Being a bride is so amazing!

Chocolate Girl

Liams.mum

AFM - As For Me (so that would be me).

Yes, Jason and I have been talking about getting married some time down the road. We are focused on getting pregnant first as that is what we both want. We don't want a big wedding, but definitely something intimate in the future.

Mckenna - I'm crossing everything for you, hoping we see a BFP in 2 weeks.

Kim - Good for you on the girls night, I do those as well with my friends. Although, ours are few and far between - everybody gets so busy.

Gotta run!

Renee
DS - 2003