451 replies [Last post]
chellie505
chellie505's picture

Momof2: Was pregnancy different with your son than it was for your daughter? Like cravings etc. And do you know if you did anything different with your daughter than you did with your son? Like when did you conceive them or did you have a diffrent diet or anything? Sorry being so noisy, just wondering. lol Oh ya and I didnt see that post a while ago. It was pretty easy getting pregnant for us. It was like clock work I got pregnant in April or May with all and had them all in jan. So it was kind of like ground hogs day! Laughing out loud

chellie505
chellie505's picture

But I want to try to do things differently so we dont repeat the cycle and have another boy. Not that I'd mind a forth, at least them they'd be even Smile But I def want a sweet little girl!

Momof2TTC
Momof2TTC's picture

Chellie I didn't really do anything different, at least not on purpose. I thought I would only have boys, so I never really researched how to try for a girl. I can tell you a few things looking back. My diet when I got pregnant with my son was probably more typical american diet, most likely high in sodium. My diet when I conceived my daughter was higher in ph balance- like meat, dairy, some vegetables. I'm not sure if you have researched ph in relation to gender- but that might be a good place to start. Also on a TMI track, we conceived my son when I was on top and my daughter in standard missionary position- I guess the female sperm is more resilient, and doesn't need to be placed deep in the cervix. With my daughter, we definitely got pregnant early in the cycle as I tested positive fairly early.

I'm not sure any of this is really all that helpful, but I understand your want for a little girl. My daughter is beautiful and I truly hope you get to experience the joy of a daughter. I have my fingers crossed so tightly for you!

Momof2TTC
Momof2TTC's picture

Hi everyone! How are things going?

I'm not feeling very 'positive' about this month's attempt... a few more days, but I'm feeling PMS symptoms so not looking good Sad

What is happening with everyone else?

Mrs.Taylor-Smith

It is now my fertile days and I am going to give it another shot to see how things would go!!! Hopefully wonderful.

Awwww Momof2TTC don't doubt it just yet. You did everything like ovulatin test and fertility test and things? Il b taken my first test this month to make sure Im fertile fingers crossed girls!!! Wink

Momof2TTC
Momof2TTC's picture

Well I'm about 90% sure it's a negative for this month. I'm trying not to get frustrated, but wow it's challenging. The biggest feeling I have is just wanting to 'give up' trying (at least consciously) and just let nature takes its course (or not). I'm feeling like testing for ovulation and all this other information is overload for me- I think I'm too stressed. On another factor, I think it may be my husband Sad He is training for a marathon and exerting excessive physical energy along with not sleeping enough Puzzled His run is in October, so I'm thinking maybe after that?

Mrs. Taylor-Smith- fingers crossed for you! Did you do anything special this month?

chellie505
chellie505's picture

Hey ladies I havent been on for a little while, because I have some bad news. So I had my first period since breastfeeding on aug. 16. I was temping and doing opks and everything was going good then I got 3 positive opks in a row and I thought I was ovulating but nothing changed with tempt or cm to indicate that. So I took a preg test on Aug. 31 and it was positive. I got my beta checked on Sept4 and it was 1287 then again on Sept 6 and it was 1625. Which is ok but then I started cramping and spotting for few days then it got really bad on sunday. So I went to the ER and it turns out that I was pregnant with twins and one was in my uterus and one was in my fallopian tube, an epotic pregnancy. I ended up miscarring the one in my uterus and they had to remove my left fallopian tube. THey also removed about a pint of blood because I was bleeding out from the eptopic pregnancy , So I was lucky I went when I did. Im recovering now and still sore. Im still really sad and in shock how fast all this happen. Its been a really long week! Thanks for listening ladies!

Momof2TTC
Momof2TTC's picture

I my word! ~Hugs!~
I'm so sad for you, but also happy that you found out in time to save your other tube or not need a hysterectomy! Oh, I have tears in my eyes as I write for you and your babies. I'm sorry for your loss Sad

chellie505
chellie505's picture

Thank you! Im doing alot better now. The soreness is starting to go away and Im not so emotional. I think I was just in shock about how fast it all happened. And I am so grateful I still have one healthy tube. I dnt know what I would have done if I wasm't able to have any more kids. It could have been ALOT worse. My mother in law made me laugh and said that they removed the boy makin tube! He he that made me feel better.

Momof2TTC
Momof2TTC's picture

I happy for you that you have such a great support system!

I got the 'red badge of proof' that this month's attempt was unsuccesful Stare I'm not sure we will be trying this next cycle, I'm worried about the baby having a 4th of July birthday! Also my son's birthday is in July- so I wouldn't want two birthdays in the same month (if I can avoid it).

How is everyone else?