451 replies [Last post]
chellie505
chellie505's picture

Hey ladies! Well I bought a saliva ovulation scope and I've been using that everyday, I also have been doing opks and tempting. We've just been trying for a couple months. Im still BF so its a lil hard to track ovulation so I started doing it on this site. Yes a baby girl would be wonderful! And 3 boys are a blast. A little crazy sometimes but fun. I just want to add in a little bit of pink into the mix insead of rocks worms dirt and sticks lol.

Mrs.Taylor-Smith

Lol.... Well I can understand you there. There is nothing wrong with adding a little pink to some blue. Tongue Welp I as well have been tracking my ovulation I'm just a little confused my doctors have let me know that I am perfectly fertile and my ovaries work just fine eggs are ok lol.... But I'm beginning to think the hubby needs to be checked Puzzled . He insist that his soilders march good but I still think he should go check.

Momof2TTC
Momof2TTC's picture

I tracked my ovulation for the first time last month, but I don't think I actually ovulated?!? I don't feel like a got a obvious positive on the ovulation strip tests, so this month I've been testing two times a day and I definitely got a positive! That was a relief! Hopefully we can make this baby happen.

Mrs. Taylor-Smith- sucks that you got you period this cycle- though sometimes it's better to just get it and move on- I find the 2 week wait painful! I don't know about having husband's checked, we haven't had to go down that road (yet I guess!). Has he/you tried any fertility diets/supplements to boost sperm counts- might not hurt to make those meals (covert if you need to protect his fragile male ego). I think you also have to separate that idea that sometimes it just doesn't 'work' until it does. It's not anything any of us can really control. Nature has it's way!

Chellie505- what is a saliva scope?

Mrs.Taylor-Smith

Momof2TTC we haven't yet tried the fertility supplements yet but we shall give it a try. I believe your right on that because I think its the simple fact of me being so excited and anxious about getting pregnant my mind is thinking all over the place for problems and the solutions. I'm going to just have to let nature take its course and stick it out and pray for the best.

That's a good question what is the saliva scope Chellie505?

Mrs.Taylor-Smith

Momof2TTC we haven't yet tried the fertility supplements yet but we shall give it a try. I believe your right on that because I think its the simple fact of me being so excited and anxious about getting pregnant my mind is thinking all over the place for problems and the solutions. I'm going to just have to let nature take its course and stick it out and pray for the best.

That's a good question what is the saliva scope Chellie505?

chellie505
chellie505's picture

A saliva scope is a little pocket microscope that helps you pinpoint ovulation. Its really neat. When u ovulate your saliva shows a ferning or crystal like pattern. So when I wake up I temp and then wipe a little saliva on the lens let it dry then look at it. Its cool because it will show partial ferning, which are days leading up to ovulation which you are fertle as well. I got mine from ebay for 12 bucks. And I know you can get them from alot of other websites but there anyehere from like 20-50, but i def. think theyre worth it. Also for seeing if DH is fertile, you can actually see his "sample" under a toy microscope from toy r us. You can even see if he has more boy or girl sperm. Alot of ladies did that from a diff website i was on and they showed a video LOL. But I dont think that would be a prob. They say a couple only has a 20% chance of getting pregnant each month, thats why it takes up to a year for some.

Mrs.Taylor-Smith

Omg chellie505 I had no clue that u can tell threw the saliva Shock that's something new that I have learned. That's so awesome I may have to look into that!!!

I didn't think it would be this hard for me to get pregnant I see all my friends having children so fast then I think wow why can't I, but hey I just have to let nature take its course when it's the right time il get my beautiful gift.

chellie505
chellie505's picture

It will happen I would just take some time to relax and destress. Maybe you and DH should do a little weekend getaway and unwind, plus you want all the alone time you can get now because when you do have a little one you wont have any lol. Also do you BD just when you think your ovulating or do you BD a couple days in a row. For best conception chances you should BD a bunch of times through your 5 day feritle window.

Mrs.Taylor-Smith

I BD during my fertility days but see I will BD the first two days then skip a day then BD again. I think I need to BD a lot during my fertility days to help give it a big chance. Is that what you do on your fertility days?

chellie505
chellie505's picture

Yeah I will start bd when theres partial ferning on the scope or a few days before when I know I will be ovulating and do it at least once a day until a day or two after ovulation. And instead of doing it all at night I mix in a couple of mornings or afternoons in there. It spices things up too so it doesnt feel like pressured baby making (thats how it was before 1st one then we relaxed) lol But now I feel like I should BD differently because it keeps giving us boys lol