1521 replies [Last post]
bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

Hi Teresa...I'm doing okay. Not too much of a busy weekend here. Went to a friends house who just a baby 2 weeks ago...a little girl and I got to hold her for a while. She was so sweet and small. The daddy kept telling me "if you get tired of holding her, you can put her down". I was like "no, I'm fine" the whole time, lol. Big smile Yay on your positive OPK. Hopefully there will be lots of BD'ing! And yeah, I'm sure you'll have the energy. I think God makes sure to give it to us. That's how we're able to stay up with our new babies even after long hours of labor and being in pain and exhausted! I don't really see the men with that type of energy. Tongue Yet another way women are superior! haha. Bye for now.

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away." RELAX!!

Momof1TTC

Hey ladies! Sorry i haven't been around this weekend! it was definitely a busy and long weekend! I found out a family member of mine is "accidently" expecting, so we had a little family gathering for her to congratulate her and we also did some fun activities with our little one! We are still keeping hope up, and i am going to start tracking my ovulation with some more tests. I quit using them about 5 months ago because it wasn't working, but i am gonna start up again and hope for the best! I have no clue where i am at in this cycle. Hopefully i can catch up and get me a positive. I am pretty tired of this waiting game. 2 years and still no luck... oh well!! positive thoughts Smile Congrats and good luck Teresa! Hopefully we get some more good news in a few weeks!!!! but yah. I made an appointment with my infertility doc, and i think we might start looking into IVF! My husband has finally come to terms that this might be our only way! Thankfully i have been saving up for the last year just in case! I hope everyone has a great week!!!!

Ovulation tickerMake an ovulation ticker

bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

Hey...well, I just ordered a pack of 100 ovulation tests off of ebay because I want to start tracking to see better when I ovulate to get ready for January (even though I'm still hoping it will happen before then) Wink I was using a saliva opk and I thought it was working because I was seeing the ferning pattern when I was supposed to, but then it started looking like I was seeing it more and more so now I'm confused so I'm gonna start using the strips in conjunction with the saliva monitor. Maybe then I can compare the 2 and get some kind of answer! Either that or just make sure to BD about every other day from the time AF is over until she comes again, lol. It gets so frustrating. Kind of makes you envious of all these women out there who don't do anything and end up pregnant with no problem. Hopefully once my husband and I start fully trying in a couple of months it won't take a very long time. It took a while with my first little boy, but my second one wasn't really planned and I got pregnant within 3 months of having the first, so I guess it didn't take long with him at all, haha. Hope everyone is having a good day. Lots of wishful thinking and sticky baby dust to all of us!

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away." RELAX!!

baby2whereru
baby2whereru's picture

hahaha..........I like that.. women are superior.. I have always thought that too.. Big smile "boys are stuuuuppid"-hahahhaa
anyway, yay... finally BD'd WITH preseed last night.. and I told him save some energy for tonight too.. But I have to make it so that he knows I want him, too, but, I really want his swimmers...haha He gets it.. We were sitting on the couch Sunday and I was sooooo exhausted and he looked at me and said "you wanna go upstairs and make a baby?!"--I told him ugh, no... haha didn't care at that point.. plus I knew I had a neg OPK so I wasn't really "physically prime" for the baby making anyway..haha
Different story now.. I am ready and willing.. You guys have an awesome day, gotta go get some work done.. I still like the "women are superior" thing.. I will be thinking about that all day... Laughing out loud MOMOF1- I know holding that baby was hard but, good for you for being happy for your friends.. Wink
Pretty soon we will all have our own little bundles that people will come see at OUR houses.. Party

Happy and Healthy Baby Bumps to All!!
ConnectedMoms.com Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

baby2whereru
baby2whereru's picture

ooops... guess that was you Bethany.. you were the one holding the baby, and you MOMOF1 went to the family gathering.. omg I need to get my head out of my a$$ today.. Sad

ConnectedMoms.com Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

aww, that's fine Teresa. Jennifer and I both did things this weekend having to do with babies...it's easy to get it mixed up. Laughing out loud And at least you get your husband asking/offering to go up and make a baby. I think I've always been the one to initiate the subject of trying to make a baby when I think the time is right with my husband. Just once I'd like him to say something like that so that I know I'm not the ONLY one with that thought on my mind, lol. So, according to your little chart, just a few days till O? Wow, yep, it's a good time to be BD'ing. ::singing to myself:: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight. Hehe. Lots of luck tonight! Wink Big smile

baby2whereru
baby2whereru's picture

Yea, it says 3 days til ovulation, but, I got my + opk yesterday and this morning, but, I checked it at lunch, and it wasn't too dark this time. Just had to check it again..haha
Last month I ovulated like 2 days sooner than what the calendar states.. Im kinda figuring tonight or tomorrow is the big "O"..heehee Planning on BDing tonight and maybe tomorrow.. But once the + line isn't as dark or gone doesn't that mean that you ovulated?? I know we did good last night, but I would just like to get a few more million swimmers in there to try for that egg.. Wink .. Guess what ever's meant to be is gonna happen.. Puzzled This has been a long long day and I would like to go have a couple of beers, Beer I may just do that.. I know we've got the 2WW coming so I may as well suck down a couple while I can. I am going to refrain from any during that 2WW. I tried last time, but, I wasn't feeling real "positive" so I didn't beat myself up about it too much. Hey good luck with those 100 ovulation tests..Sounds like you have the bases covered..If I had that many I would probably use 3 a day..haha Talk to you guys soon.. Party

ConnectedMoms.com Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

Teresa, yeah I think once that line starts to fade that means the surge is over. If it's only been a short amount of time since the line started to fade then you MIGHT still catch the egg in time. lol, I'm starting to feel silly with my preg. test stash and now my 100 OPKs I've got coming Laughing out loud I just know I had to do something to try to get some kind of idea when I'm ovulating so that I'll know better when we try because my saliva monitor was driving me nuts Puzzled For a while there my cycles were only about 26 days long and it's weird because I used to get a lot of the good "fertile" mucus, lol, sorry TMI but now I don't really get anything. It's annoying because I want to get everything straight within the next month or two. But anyway, if I were you I'd definitely BD at least tonight. Definitely won't hurt, right? Wink Hope all is well with both of you and hope you have a good night.

baby2whereru
baby2whereru's picture

weeeellllllll, DH was being a$$ last night so we didn't BD..
Sad
I could just punch him sometimes.. Big smile BUT, we did Friday night, Sat a.m. and Monday night with preseed. I think I ov'd yesterday, which is only CD 11.. Monday the OPK was really dark and yesterday a.m. it was still pretty dark so I am saying yesterday was the day, maybe Monday, but, I am going with yesterday cuz it makes me feel better about the whole BD'ing thing.. At least I know about when OV takes place now, like you were saying, we gotta know when to do the whole baby making thing so we gotta get this straightened around.. but it takes 2 and he has gotta get his attitude adjusted when its baby making time. or else just show up and keep his mouth shut..heehee
Big smile Big smile I am not as "into it" as I was last month cuz that 2WW killed me and I am trying to focus on work.. The girl I work with is out and I am doing her stuff for the next 6 weeks or so, and that is helping keep my mind busy.. thank God for that..Kinda cold and windy here in Ohio today. Doesn't bother me any, I LOVE FALL.. ready to put pumpkins out and get ready for Halloween. Trying to focus on that and starting to pick things up for Christmas.. Can't believe its like 81 days away.. Shock Would like to have a BFP to wrap up and show the grandparents. That is my "plan" anyway.. My son gets married next August, and if we wouldn't get BFP this month, I kinda want to hold off until January to really try cuz I don't want to be huge or in labor at son's wedding.. that would suck.. and I want to be able to help out with all the stuff. They are going to need me, and I plan on being there to help. Oh well, whatever happens happens!! I CAN'T stop trying.. guess God has his plan and we have to go along with it.. so are you dying to do a preg test??? you only have 4 days.. I bet you already did one.. haven't seen you say anything about AF coming. Unless my dumba$$ missed it or something.. have an awesome day and we will "talk" later!! Smile

ConnectedMoms.com Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

That sucks about your hubby...I hate when they act that way especially on days that really matter for BD'ing. But hey, it sounds like you got a good bit of BD'ing time in anyway. Tongue So good for you. I hope one of those times will be the lucky time. Smile It's good that you have work to help keep your mind off of it...I stay at home all day with my sons so I guess I have all day to think about it, lol.

Yeah, hard to believe October is here already....I'm not thrilled about the cold of winter but I do like fall.

If you weren't to get pregnant this cycle, yes, you probably would be big and miserable for his wedding. Summer babies/pregnancies are soooo hard. I've had 2 in July and 1 in August. Puzzled To top it off, last year my best friend got married and i was her matron of honor, so I only had 5 weeks to look halfway decent in my dress after my 2nd son was born.

But hey, like you said whatever happens happens. I know you'll be thrilled whenever it does!

You know, you brought up AF and I had to think when it's due, lol. I think AF should be here around the 8th or 9th...don't really think it happened this month because i only bd'd one around the time i think i ovulated and that was a day or two later. Puzzled So, oh well. Take care and have a good night! Big smile