1521 replies [Last post]
bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

Aw, I don't think caving in and talking or thinking about a baby is bad. Actually, I think it's healthy to talk about it. It can be really hard to talk to the hubbies about it especially when it seems like you do it all the time (the way I've been lately). You know, you need people to talk to who will understand and who are rooting and as anxious for it as you are. Especially like with me, I have a couple of close friends around me, but I haven't told them about trying for another one because I don't know if I would get 100% good reactions especially since I already have 3, but what can ya do? When you want another one badly the feeling doesn't just go away. And my mom passed away almost 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my first little boy, so I don't have her to talk to. The only other person that leaves me is my sister and she has things going on in her own life that are very frustrating so I don't really talk to her about it either. But yeah, I think it's very healthy having an outlet where you can say any and everything about a baby that's on your mind and you know people will understand. Sorry, I'm rambling, lol. Tongue I hope your son has a happy birthday Party ...and I know what you mean, it doesn't matter how old they get, they'll always be your baby. I hope and pray my kids stay as close to me as the way they are now. I stayed that way with my mom even after I was grown, so maybe they will. Good luck on getting a positive OPK soon and extra good luck and baby dust to you tonight! Party Party Wink Talk to ya later...

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away." RELAX!!

baby2whereru
baby2whereru's picture

You about made me cry..feeling kinda emotional today and that about brought me to tears.. Im sorry your mom passed away, especially when you were pregnant.. You have to be really strong to have gotten thru that!! I completely get what you said about saying certain things to people who might not give you good reactions about trying for a baby. I think its a beautiful thing, but, people who don't have children or just don't "get it" why someone would want another one are people I am not going to include in my journey.. that is for sure. I am 42 and I know people are gonna be negative and say stupid $hit and I don't wanna hear it.. The only person I have told, other than on here--haha, is a friend of mine who has no kids, and doesn't want any. But she is open minded and I know she will keep it to herself, we tell each other a lot and I she is kinda my outlet right now, I warned her of that when I first told her.. Laughing out loud I want to tell my mom soooo bad but I am holding off cuz I know she will just worry about me, and I don't want to put that on her. But, if and when it happens, I don't wanna just spring it on her, cuz she will probably fall over.. She would probably be upset with me cuz I didn't warn her first.. Crazy I don't know what to do.. I think I will just keep it to myself for a little while.. Like you said, this is a good outlet on here, and God knows you can pretty much talk about anything and everything which as women we need!! So how are you handling the 2WW? I see you have about 10 days to go to test-that is the hardest part..I started testing about 8DPO and I knew it was too early but I didn't care..I knew it was a long shot..But it kinda eased my mind. Thanks for wishing my son a happy birthday, I am anxious to have him over Sunday.. lives 2 blocks away, but, we are busy and so are him and his girlfriend but we keep in touch as much as possible..I constantly look at his picture on my phone, which is my background cuz I miss him and think he is so cute..heehee Love ok, yeah, I need about 4 more kids so I can just worry about them and stare at their pics so much.. ok, I am gonna stop for now. Sorry about the book, I had a lot on my mind!! Good luck keeping busy in this fun 2WW..just read that thing I sent you yesterday from that other thread and that will give you some ideas.. you should be to that "fondling the HPT's" part soon!! Wink

Happy and Healthy Baby Bumps to All!!
ConnectedMoms.com Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

LOL, I think I'm almost always at the "fondling the HPT" part, haha. Big smile Thank you for your sympathy. It was very hard and I wish so bad she could have seen her 1st and then 2nd grandson. About the only way I deal with it is by not really thinking about her. I guess I try to push it out of my mind. Even though it's not very healthy I suppose, it's my only way of dealing. And yeah, it's sad the way some people react to news of a baby (which I always thought should be considered a blessing no matter what). They just don't understand. I know my hubby will want to tell his family as soon as we know, but I'm not thrilled at that. You would think his mom (who had 5 kids herself) would be happy and understand, but last July we saw her and she looked at me and said "You're not pregnant are you? She said your stomach looks a little bigger and your face is kind of glowing...hellllooo....it was July, there is a thing called SWEAT! I kind of gave her a dirty look and said no. Then I gave my hubby a look too because he knows how I feel about her sometimes...she's one of those people that just says what she thinks even if it's going to hurt someone. I'm just not like that so it hurts me sometimes. But I don't care who is happy and who's not. If they're not happy they don't have to be a part of it, right? lol, you thought yours was a book! Wink My 2WW won't be all that stressful. I'm pretty sure it didn't happen this month. We BD the day after my ovulation (I think). I'm not getting my hopes up for this month, but we'll see. Oh, and don't worry about what people might say regarding your age and having a baby. You're one of many who want to have a baby and age has nothing to do with it. God is on our side and I know He'll help with anything we need. It's not anyone's business anyway and they should just keep crappy opinions to themselves. Tongue Have fun tonight! Wink

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away." RELAX!!

Elizabeth

Welcome to your newest buddy... Momof1TTC

bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

Hi Momof1TTC...welcome. Glad you're here!

Momof1TTC

Hello Buddies! My name is Jennifer, and obviously i am new to this group! I will let you guys know little about myself and my family!

I am 23 years old, married and a mother to a wonderful little boy who is almost 3 years old! I am very fun loving, and free spirited person and i love meeting new people. My journey began exactly 2 years from this month! I have endured many miscarriages after having my son, and according to my doctor ( whom i have bombarded with multiple visits) there is nothing wrong with myself of my husband! We are trying to conceive baby number 2. I am hoping and praying it happens very soon!!!

p.s this month seems a little different for me. I had a normal, heavy 5 day period on 8-14-11 and then nothing until a very faint positive pregnancy test! On 9-15 i had some very very light brownish bleeding, and i thought... Awesome! Implantation bleeding!!! Well my tests are still faint, almost negative it seems. I am waiting for my insurance to get fixed then i will be into the doc office. I just ordered more tests offline that register a hcg level of 10. I am hoping for the best! Thank you for taking me into the group and i cant wait to get to know everyone!!!

Ovulation tickerMake an ovulation ticker

bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

Hi Jennifer, glad you're here. My name is Bethany, I'm 30 years old and have 3 children: 1 girl-10 years old and 2 little boys (2 and 1) who are 1 year and 6 days apart, lol...I found out that breastfeeding was not an effective birth control, contrary to what I'd always heard. Tongue My daughter is from a previous marriage and my husband and I have the two boys and are planning on ttc in January (I'm trying to convince him for sooner, lol). I'm very impatient for this baby and have already been stocking up on the cheapie pregnancy test strips...and yes, I've tried out a few just for the heck of it. Laughing out loud I plan on swaying to try to get another little girl since we have 2 boys already, we want a little girl that's "both of us" too. I only had one miscarriage during my pregnancies, but I know how very hard they can be. I was reading about your last period and with the blood and tests and all. If you had your period on the 14th of August, assuming you would have ovulated somewhere near the end of the month, I would have thought the 15th of Sept. would be just a tad late for implantation bleeding. Usually brown blood means old blood, so I'm not sure. I only had a tad bit of implantation bleeding with my others and it was a very very light pinkish red and only lasted a day or two and I think it was usually around 7-10 after conceiving. When you took your first preg. test was the line darker or lighter than the ones you've been getting lately? I would think by now the line should be getting darker if you conceived around the end of Aug or beginning of Sept. I imagine it's very frustrating. Have you tried taking a digital test? I saw some on ebay that are Clearblue easy digital, BUT these also tell you how many weeks it's been since you conceived. I think they're very neat...apparently those tests are common in the UK, but not over here so you have to go someplace like ebay to find them, but I think they're worth it. Good luck with the tests and the doctors, but I think you might want to try a digital...it might help give you more peace of mind. Once again, we're glad you're here and we look forward to knowing you better. Big smile

baby2whereru
baby2whereru's picture

Hi Jennifer! My name is Teresa.. I am 42 and have one son from previous marriage, who is 23 TODAY Party Party .... Had a miscarriage before I had him, and me and DH (actually not married, so I call him SO-significant other) are trying for our own. He has a daughter 16 who lives with us. He is also 42. No known issues with either of us, just concerned a little about "age"-not being spring chickens anymore! Periods are pretty normal, and this is only our 2nd month of TTC. Using Preseed, OPK's and on prenatals since 08/31. Just opened pics my mom emailed me of my son when she was holding him at 2 days old, and boy did that get my baby desire going!!!!! Big smile I hope everything straightens out for you soon and we all get our BFP'S!!!! BABIES BABIES BABIES Smile

ConnectedMoms.com Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

baby2whereru
baby2whereru's picture

I know my OV calendar is off by a couple of days, and I seem to ovulate earlier than what it says, so I planned on BD'ing 2 nights ago, but, hasn't happened yet. and I am getting aggravated.. Last night either. Gonna be a weekend of humping like rabbits!!! Wink Wink Don't have + opk yet but, I want to get on this, I want to cover all my bases. That egg isn't going to escape those little spermies if I have a say in the matter!! lol
He asked me what I wanted to do tonight and I just wanted to say "make a new baby!!!!".. I am going to let him take me to dinner first though..
Happy Friday guys!! Party

ConnectedMoms.com Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

Teresa, sometimes they act like DTD for a baby is the furthest thing from their minds...it's like, DUH!! what do you think I wanna be doing? Big smile Wink Kinda funny how sometimes their eagerness for sex lowers a little when ttc is involved. Maybe 'cuz it puts more pressure on them actually knowing they have a task to accomplish instead of just worrying about feeling good from it. Tongue Happy humping, hehe. Laughing out loud