1521 replies [Last post]
Elizabeth

Smile

baby2whereru
baby2whereru's picture

Well hey.... Smile I am 42 trying for my 2nd little one.. I had a miscarriage, and then I had my son (now 23) with my previous DH. I am with my current SO-signif other (not married, but in love, and want one of our own) . He is my age also. We went to school together, then years later we ended up talking and dating and have been together for about 2 years. He has a daughter 16 who lives with us. This was actually his idea. I have ALWAYS wanted another child, my son is so precious to me, as it should be, and I just never had a relationship that led to another child, until now. When SO brought it up, I was soooo happy. So this is our first month TTC and I did the OPK, and tried preseed and have been on prenatals for a little over 3 weeds and have cut out alcohol and ibuprofen-heard ibuprofen has big effects on miscarriages.. I only used the preseed one time while I was in my ovulation stage though. Doubt if this is our month, that would be too easy. I already bought the ANSWER ovulation kit today for next cycle. AF supposed to show her ugly self Sunday or so. I feel like she is coming too but, I have felt really hot, off balance and nauseous this past week and I am trying to not take it as pregnancy symptoms. Just trying to not get too excited yet. Although we are going shopping tonight and I am planning on buying somthing "little" for the future baby-to-be. heehee Wink Wink Doc told me everything looks good and should be no problem conceiving. That doesn't include fertility tests or anything, but, just the basics and my cycles and all that stuff. Hopefully the fact that SO loves his beer doesn't impact his little swimmers too much!!! Love these forums. I get on them at work when I have few minutes to check it all out. Hilight of my day..heehee Tongue

Happy and Healthy Baby Bumps to All!!
ConnectedMoms.com Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

Hi there...nice to meet you. I'm 30 and I have a 10 year old daughter from a previous marriage. I've had 1 miscarriage with my current husband and then we've had 2 boys after that. They're only 1 year and 6 days apart so I found out the hard way that breastfeeding is not effective for preventing pregnancy, lol. My husband and I plan to start ttc in January. Right now I'm trying to read up on what I can do to sway for a girl. This will probably be our last baby and we'd like to have a girl that's "both of us". I don't think I'll have a hard time conceiving this time (the last one was very easy as I wasn't expecting it from breastfeeding constantly) but my first little boy who is 2 took a little while to conceive. I'm very eager to start trying...I kinda wish I could convince my husband to go ahead and start trying but we've got a couple of bills to get paid off first. Still, there's that little hopeful part of me every month that maybe one "slipped" in, lol. I'm getting all ready...you know, stocking up on pregnancy tests, getting my vitamin supplements, just that sort of thing. Anyway, I wish you a lot of luck and I look forward to talking more with you in the near future. Take care and lots of baby dust to you!

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away." RELAX!!

baby2whereru
baby2whereru's picture

Wink Well looks like TODAY is your day..haha (according to your cycle ticker) Good luck getting that egg! Smile Maybe you will get your girl! I wouldn't be able to wait until January either..

I broke down and bought something "baby" related today.. couldn't pass it up. I feel very "positive" about this being the month. I am ready to just do this already. I told myself I wasn't going to get on this forum today, and I held off until about 10:30 or so. Usually I sign in when I get into work at 8 but I was "strong" today. haha Gotta go work now. Have a great day.. (and NIGHT) heehee

ConnectedMoms.com Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

Hi there...yeah, I think today probably would be my day. I bought an ovatel saliva monitor and this was my first month using it. I think this is the 5th day I've seen some ferning on it so that would be accurate if I've been doing it right since it gives you a 5 day window of fertile days. Part of what makes it so tough in even getting to do it on the right day is my husband's work schedule. He's a truck driver so my time with him is limited except on weekend, so that gets frustrating Puzzled The last thing baby related I bought was a cute little way of telling my husband I'm pregnant...I know, jumping the gun a little. I bought some custom made fortune cookies with a special little message, haha. They stay good for several months sealed up so it will be okay I think when it does happen...if they're not still good then I guess the cookie part of the surprise won't be tasting so hot. Laughing out loud I guess I just want to have everything ready to go when it does happen. I'm just too impatient, lol. Well, hope you have a good day...talk to you soon. Smile

"Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away." RELAX!!

baby2whereru
baby2whereru's picture

omg what a cute way to tell him your pregnant!! That is so creative.. you guys don't need to eat the cookie part anyway..haha
just buy some other kind of cookies to go with the fortune cookies so after he reads the message he can grab a chocolate chip cookie or something..haha he wouldn't want to eat anyway, he will be too excited.. Party Party
I bought a little onesie that says "mommy's sweet pea". soooo cute.. me and my guy call each other that alllll the time--from the beginning. This onesie was meant to be mine.. Big smile good luck!!!!

ConnectedMoms.com Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

Aww, that sounds like such a cute little outfit...it definitely sounds like it was meant to be yours...like it was a sign. Wink I can't wait to start buying little girl clothes. The last time I bought little girl clothes was 11 years ago for my daughter and I think clothes are so much cuter these days. Yeah, I think the fortune cookies came out pretty good. They sent me a dozen of them so I was able to crack one open and check it out. I thought it was perfect because me and my husband loooove Chinese food, so I'm gonna wait until they bring them out with our bill and then ask my husband to go up and get me some more food and switch 'em out on him, hehe. Laughing out loud I think he'll definitely be surprised...it makes me so anxious for it. Smile

baby2whereru
baby2whereru's picture

Omg that is awesome.. that would be a perfect way to tell him!!! My guy was an ass last night, but I still want a baby..haha I think M&M's would be a cute way to tell him but I would probably eat them all before I gave them to him.. Big smile

ConnectedMoms.com Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

lol...funny that you mention the m & m's. That was my first choice of telling him but once I got on the website it looked a little pricey. Then I was trying to figure out how to use them to tell him. I thought maybe making chocolate chip cookies and letting them cool a little before I put them on (don't want a blurry message, haha) Laughing out loud But then I saw about the fortune cookies and decided on that instead. I think both ways are so adorable and special, though. Then the only hard part is being able to WAIT about telling him that way. It's hard not to run to the phone and scream the good news, lol. You'll probably learn I'm not a very patient person. Big smile Sorry about your hubby...mine is an ass most of the time, lol, but I also know he works long hours so I try to overlook it most of the time (even though he doesn't make it easy). When we were supposed to be trying with our first little boy I tried telling him how often we needed to be baby d'ing and he went along with it for maybe a few days and then pretty much said he wasn't going to do it that way and that "if it was meant to happen it would just happen". That caused several fights because I wanted it so badly. But he's been different about it since then (he's actually asking me this time about vitamins to take and things to do this time) so I'm hoping it will go better this time. Wink

baby2whereru
baby2whereru's picture

Sounds like we have a lot of the same issues going on, mine told me a few times that if its meant to be it'll happen... I just wanna reach over and slap him when he says that.. I am a believer of that too, unless its something that I want..haha I tell everyone else God has a plan and to try to remember that, but when its YOU that wants something its hard to follow your own advice...AF is still hanging around and its pissing me off, I am ready to start the party.. Party I'd like mine to quit drinking beer.. period!!!! But he won't do that.. That is something he loves, and I think he thinks he can't live without it..Uses work as an excuse.. He is irritable a lot after work too and I try to ignore it, but like you said, they don't make it very easy. And when he is like that it IS kinda difficult to focus on them and what they are saying about work and all that when all you are thinkiing is take your pants off cuz we got things to do!! heehee Wink Big smile

ConnectedMoms.com Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

bnporter1981
bnporter1981's picture

I hear ya...yes, if it's meant to happen I think it will, but I also think you have to kinda do things to help the situation or it won't. I mean you have to actually bd to get pregnant. It won't just happen sitting there twiddling your thumbs. Smile So, yes, I believe God will help us and has a huge part in conceiving, but we have to get the ball rolling and do our part, too ya know? Sometimes I think all the dear hubbies need a good slap now and then, lol. Just to make sure they keep their priorities straight. Big smile My husband used to moderately drink, but when we started going to church more he quit. I'm glad of that, but with him driving a truck for a living he drinks a TON of Monster energy drinks and I don't think all that is good for his swimmers...but hey, maybe all of that will give them a quick start Wink but probably not too good for trying to get a girl, haha...I don't want those speedy little boys getting there first. Smile